Translate

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Fine Frugal Jewelry or My Mom Gifts Me GREAT Jewelry!

Hello all! Sorry I've been gone so long. Let's make up for lost time!!! While deciding what jewelry to put on the other morning with my outfit, I reflected on the fact that I don't have a lot of 'fine' jewelry. I tend to purchase costume jewelry for myself at resale shops/thrift stores. That way, I can have more variety at a lower price. The fine pieces I do have usually are gifted from either my mother or my husband. I have received some great pieces from my mom over the last 30 years. Feast your eyes:


This silver and pearl ring with a few diamond accents is awesome.
I wear it both for work and dressing up.

This gold and marquis garnet ring is a classic piece I get a lot of wear out of.
I wear it at work and for dressing up. Garnet is my birthstone. Yay Mom!

This garnet is great for casual. It has a more modern look than the ring above. 

This Y shaped gold necklace came from Mom in the late 90's. Love it! Great for work/casual/dress-up.

This infinity necklace was a recent gift from Mom. I love it! Great for work/dressing up.

Mom worked at a jewelry store during my high school/college years. I think some of the rings came from there. It was a great little  jewelry shop in the old downtown of my home town. A place where you were personally greeted upon entering. The jeweler could repair just about anything. They were an authorized "Add-a pearl" dealer. My Aunt started me an add-a-pearl necklace when I was a girl. I cherish that necklace.

Having family members gift you great jewelry is a frugal and fashionable way to accessorize any outfit. Plus the sentimental value is priceless. Yay for Moms with great taste in jewelry! Thanks Mom you're the best!

What about you all? Do you have family members/friends that seem to always hit the nail on the head when it comes to gifts of jewelry? Please share in the comments below. I love to hear from viewers!
Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love pearls and opals. My birthstone is diamond though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kayla! I think pearls are so classy. I've not been blessed w/any opals yet. Maybe someday. Thanks for commenting :-)

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers! Thanks for commenting.