Translate

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Fast Frugal Formalwear

Recently hubby and I had a chance to attend a banquet in "the big city" as my dad says. We took the opportunity to really get dressed up. What a great time we had! Got to meet some new friends, have a wonderful meal, hear a great speaker and then strut our stuff on the dance floor. It was very cold that night and I was able to score this full length dressy overcoat at my favorite new resale shop "Karma". As I was purchasing it the owner told me "I've already had 5 calls on this coat today." (It had been displayed in her front window for a few days.) As they say......timing is everything!

 
Dress: (old), Sears, worn at brother-in-law's wedding, 2001
Shoes: Payless shoe source
Clutch: Rag Doll Clothing Exchange
Jewelry: Kohl's
Lipstick: Raisinberry, Mary Kay
 
 
Hubby's suit, local men's clothier(now out of business)
Tie: Beatles, Of Course!!!
Shoes: Famous Footwear
Glasses: Rayban, Crown Vision Center, Edwardsville, IL
Shirt:  Ralph Lauren, yard sale...WAY before I knew him!
 
 

 
We clean up good, don't we?!?!
 
 
Just to illustrate that a good, basic black dress can be used over & over...
I wore it September 2013 for a photo shoot at a refinery
 
Here's to dress-up occasions! It seems like we dress up less and less now-a-days. I hope you get a chance to dress up at least once or twice per year. I know I LOVE it! When's the last time you got really gussied up? Leave a note in the comments below and let me know. What did you wear? Thanks for stopping by and have a fun, frugal, fashionable week!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I haven't found Karma yet! Must check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Definitely--it's on Main St. in Glen Carbon. You'll love it! Tell 'em I sent you

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Thanks for commenting.